This is a Vegetarian product.
- Diabetes - Kabuli Chana are particularly high in fiber. Studies have shown that people with type 1 diabetes who consume high-fiber diets have lower blood glucose levels. For people with type 2 diabetes, higher fiber intake may improve blood sugar, lipid, and insulin levels. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends a minimum of 21 to 25 grams (g) of fiber per day for women and 30 to 38 g per day for men.
- Bone health - The iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K in Kabuli Chana all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength.Though phosphate and calcium are both important in bone structure, the careful balance of the two minerals is necessary for proper bone mineralization - consumption of too much phosphorus with too little calcium intake can result in bone loss.
- Blood pressure - Maintaining a low-sodium (low-salt) intake is essential for maintaining a low blood pressure, however increasing potassium intake may be just as important because of its vasodilation effects. According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, fewer than 2 percent of United States adults meet the daily 4,700-milligram recommendation.
- Heart health - The high fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6 content all support heart health. Kabuli Chana contain significant amounts of fiber, which helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease. In one study, those who consumed 4,069 milligrams of potassium per day had a 49 percent lower risk of death from ischemic heart disease compared with those who consumed less potassium (about 1,000 mg per day).
- Cholesterol - Chickpeas in the diet lowers the amount of low-density lipoprotein, or bad cholesterol, in the blood.